Monday, April 2, 2012

Jesus said "GO"


I have been in a quiet time with the Lord and man I’m seeing so many things clearly---one of them is how I am and have not been advancing the Kingdom. Jesus said GO!  Go and be my witness. Go and make disciples.  And I because of my work in the church have let so much Bible knowledge and experience in ministry get in the way.  I am too busy, or I am already praying etc.  But today it was a set of lights that went on through Acts 1 and 2.  I’ve been reading Romans since the year started and this weekend it just clicked too.  Jesus said GO.  What pleases the Father more than anything? What touches the heart of the King? That we bear much fruit; that we do what Jesus did, talk about the Kingdom.  40 days Jesus was on earth after His resurrection and all He did was speak about the Kingdom.  The disciples shared with Him but they didn’t hide there---I have been hiding behind Christian service, work, and prayer. Don’t misunderstand me all is good and I do it with love for Jesus, but if this all keeps me from being a witness then how is that pleasing God???? Jesus said GO.  Go doesn’t means go only on mission trips.  It means go out to the mall, park, store etc.  We live in LA a salad bowl of culture.  The nations are here.  We are to be a House of prayers for all nations—my life is a house of prayer.  I can’t hide in prayer room/closet any longer. I don’t need to be told to go out by my pastors, I don’t need to wait to plan an event, I need to do this on my own.  Why? Simple---it’s about Jesus in me. And its about me wanting to be alive in the Kingdom.  John the Baptists was the greatest in the Kingdom during Jesus’ time.  What was his biggest job? Announcing the Kingdom.  What is our job today?  Same as John the Baptist

There is and has been such dissatisfaction in my spirit life for the past months. It’s not that I need to meet new people, change groups, do something different. I need to do what God has called me to do: Be a witness. His witness.  I need to do it on my own, without sounding a horn, and just see the kingdom expand.  If every one of us leaders, church servers, or any true Christ follower were to take this challenge seriously we would have much more people than we do---the thing is I’ve always relied on someone else doing the job.  And today it’s so clear---it’s my job. It’s everyone’s job.  God is not looking for much just a heart willing to expand His kingdom.  Seek first the Kingdom---this means expand the Kingdom first, put Kingdom matters first---I can do this because I received the Holy Spirit power already.  Everything else is details.  Everything else besides the Kingdom outside of the Kingdom is details and details will be added unto me by the King.  My job/role is to expand His kingdom. 

Every weekend at House of prayer I am to recharge/refuel and then go out during the week. Empty myself, refill, empty, refill.  A great cycle of power!

Join me in this challenge—this is when we start living and start living our true destiny and calling.

Adelante!
Bea Z
Generation Glory
Iglesia Cristiana Adonai
Youth/ Young Adults/Singles Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment