Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Before you plan your 2012 goals....

“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”—Phil 3:14 NIV

We are on the last days of the year---what a great time to meditate on God’s goodness and mercy the whole year.  That’s where God has had me these last weeks of the year just reflecting on His goodness toward me and my family and ministry.  As I continue to do this I also want to go before the Lord and have Him lay out His plans and purposes for 2012. Not all of them will be revealed as we seek His face in 2012 He shows us what He wants from us and for us---it doesn’t all have be revealed at once; we go from glory to glory.  What is important to keep in mind is the verse above. Whatever I press towards in 2012 let it be heaven focused and a call from God.  This doesn’t mean its all ministry related---God is a part of every area of my life. So there will be God calls on my life that will include my personal and family life.  I don’t have separate compartments anymore I am one in the Kingdom.  I am one whole person spirit filled and life breathing.  As a result when God makes calls on my life it isn’t just for ministry/church projects.  But I must know what God is calling me to and what His goals will be for me.  Let’s not get caught up in making our own plans and calling them God plans. Dive into the word and prayer!! Seek God’s will for your plans and resolutions. I don’t doubt we all have great ideas and plans but God centered ideas are better than ours!! Heavenward ideas are better than anything we can come up with or do!  Let’s be people that when we press toward the goal---we are sure this is a goal that is building the Kingdom and moving towards heaven!!  And more importantly this goal is God birthed and blessed!! In order to get pregnant there must be intimacy. In order to birth God plans we must go into intimacy with Him.  Jesus’ key to having God answer His prayers was “reverent submission” to the Father’s will (Heb 5:7).  Jesus literally even to death told the Father “your will be done.” (Mk 14:36) Even Jesus didn’t dictate His own plans He submitted to God’s plans for Him.

Be purposeful, be mindful of your time in intimacy so you can become pregnant with God plans and visions for every area of your life.  Have a blank sheet of paper, clear out the clutter in your mind—let the Master plan your year.  Let the master organize your calendar and agenda for 2012.  Let the Master breathe His approval in your decisions and resolutions for 2012. And once He has and once you are preggos with God stuff---birth it!! Then “press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called you heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

Adelante means push forward!!

-Bea-
Generation Glory
Iglesia Cristiana Adonai
Youth/ Young Adult/ Singles Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment